Opportunities with Family SkillBuilders
Family SkillBuilders is committed to remain large enough as an agency to have impact in our community while remaining small enough to retain our value of support within a team approach with each staff member and our community partners. We believe that all our team members offer unique strengths and experience that benefit the entire organization. From those who are highly educated to those who are successful parents themselves, the balance of credentialed and paraprofessional staff at Family SkillBuilders provides the flexibility to respond promptly to family concerns, increased expertise in family dynamics and interventions, and a commitment to excellence at all levels.
Our staff continues to grow in response to our excellent reputation in this community. We invite you to join our fantastic group of parenting specialists!
Group Assistant Position Transportation/Children’s Support
- Approximately 24 hours a week; T/TH from 8:00 AM-7:00 PM (2 hour break mid-day)
- A few hours a week for communication with foster parents and team members
- $15.00-16.00 per hour
- Must enjoy children always
- Must have a sense of humor and an ability to make any situation fun
- Must be organized and have good people skills
- Must have a good driving record and be at least 21 years old
- Must be comfortable and knowledgeable about car seats and installation (training provided)
- Must have email/internet access and ability to check once daily
- Must take daily inspection of the transport vehicle
- Coordinate and transport 3-5 children from their foster home to a Family Time Session at various locations
- Assist Family Time facilitators as needed, while parents and children participate in supervised visitation. This may involve providing hands on parent training, setting up activities, clean up, running unexpected errands during this time.
- Coordinate, shop for, deliver and prepare simple snacks and meals for the families present
- Transport children back to their foster homes
- Minimal reporting requirements
- Responsible for communication with the foster parents and coordinating daily driving schedule
- After each Family Time, send transportation communication to supervisor
- Flexibility in car location changes – the transport vehicle will primarily be housed at your residence, but occasionally will need to be picked up elsewhere
- Comfortable with driving to unfamiliar locations
- Comfortable with arranging needed vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Attend once monthly mandatory meetings at times not involved in transportation or Family Time
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
A strength of this agency makes it a policy to hire people who are experienced and successful parents. Another positive aspect is the incorporation of the mentor model into the agency’s proactive philosophy.
Your reputation is incredible within DHS and the community. This says a lot about the staff you employ.